After a bit of time passes it can be difficult to remember how, why, when you liked someone, and nice to re-visit it from a safe distance. The first time with someone I still think of fondly, someone I fell quickly and hard for, and the thousand or so times we were together after that, and the last time with him, too. The few I couldn't get enough of. The way they smelled, felt, tasted. The times we just laid, tangled up in each other listening to each others breathing and forgetting there was an outside world. The times sex felt as much a spiritual calling as a biological need. And how those moments kept me going for weeks afterwards, like pearls dotting the cord of our moribund relationship.
These are nice, these little sketches of people I have enjoyed. It passes the time on trains and in taxis.
No comments:
Post a Comment