

WOW. Completely amazeeed by this dress sculpture by Susie MacMurray. 43 kg adamantine dressmakers pins on leather displayed on a tailors dummy. Completely unwearable, and it takes 4 people to carry it. I totally think it looks like fur. I'm going to try produce something like this for my Contradictions project.
Also starting a Personal Project this week and applying to UCAS this week. Me, Zara, Nicola and Aaron are taking a road trip to the UCAS Convention in Manchester on Tuesday. It's a bit hectic really! Dead busy!
Anyway, Susie MacMurray does all sorts, working on form and material, combining materials in crazy new ways. There's some awesome images of her other garment sculptures on her website, using materials like inside out rubber gloves and balloons, so feel free to look!

I saw this in the manchester costume museum! It was beautiful in person!
ReplyDelete:)
Paddy @ LITTLE RAZZI x
Yeah, I got to see it at Royal Academy of Arts in London, it's ridiculously pretty in real life isn't it, proper shimmers :)
ReplyDeleteYou wouldn't beleve it was made of pins!
Shona, xo