So yesterday at Urban Outfitters Leeds they were celebrating their 3rd birthday, and had a lovely 20% off birthday event on for it. From 5pm til 10pm they had lots of lovely things going on including: giving away free goody bags with every purchase, 20% off everything for everyone, free drinks all night (- the sex on the beach's were lovely!), Shake'a'holic and The Sunshine Bakery were handing out yummy milkshakes and other treats, free entry wristbands from HIFI, Wire and Faversham, Vintage pinups and hair demos from Rebel Pinup Hairdressing and pampering and consultations from The Body Shop. Me and my friend Joe had a lovely time wondering around and these are a few of our purchases and freebies!:
This is a necklace I've been after for a few months now, it's a little perfume bottle style thing with a stopper that pulls out of the top. It was a little pricey when I first saw it at £24, but after seeing it today in the sale for £10, plus the 20% off, I'm so glad I waited!
Again, this is something I've been wanting for a while now, I'd seen it advertised on the website, but had been sold out when I tried to buy it. It's a portable cord/cordless sewing machine. Absolutely perfect for university and when I'm travelling about as my other sewing machine is completely impractical for that. Originally £25 which I consider a bargain as it is, it was then reduced to £10, so cost £8 for this event. Joe insisted on buying me this one which absolutely made my day! :D I've not tested it out yet, but it's a pretty basic model, it's so tiny and light I wouldn't expect it to have loads of features. It really is something I could pop in my bag and whip it out whenever I needed it though, and because you can power it with batteries, I wouldn't even need to be near any plug sockets. It's also pretty damn cute, I'm not the biggest fan of yellow but I actually quite like it, can't wait to see how it handles :)
Flower picture frame hook - free in one of the goody bags. I'd been looking at some hooks in UO to put up on my walls and hang jewellery from as I don't believe pretty things should be hidden away, so to get one in one of my goody bags for free was nice. It's now hung up on my wall with a few pieces hung from it :)
2 D&Y Flannel plaid (softer than cashmere) scarves, free in both mine and Joes goody bags! I'm thinking of turning one of them into a skirt?
Ribbed lace socks, free in UO goody bag.
Jamaica - I think I like U 2 record and Jamaica - The Bermuda Party Compilation CD, free.
Generic Issue watch with interchangeable strap, one of 2 that Joe got free in one of his gift bags. He gave one of these to me. I'm thinking with a nice new strap it could lose it's boyish look and look quite nice. I'm thinking I could make one as well with some strong fabric/leather? That, or using beads and elastic to make it look more girly? What d'you think?
Joe also got 2 hats, a record with CD, another CD and a bracelet for his girlfriend. Pretty happy with my bargains anyway. I really recommend you check it out if there's a similar event on at your local Urban Outfitters :)
love the mini sewing machine!!i really hope it works as well as the regular size!! and love the necklace too btw <3
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, and congratulations on your work!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a lot of great finds!
ReplyDeleteI like the bands that your free watch came with, and I think it might be kind of cool to do a super wide friendship bracelet to use as an alternate strap.