



I've been meaning to post these photos and blog about these for for a while now, they aren't the best of photograph's as I've been working with the self timer on my webcam and my camera without anybody to take them for me/anybody to model - will try put some up when I get chance. As you will know if you've been reading my blog, I'd been making this Leopard print fur cape coat for my Final Major Project for a few weeks now. I'm aware how weather inappropriate it is for this season and the weather we've been having recently, but I have faith in the British weather to be unpredictable and how the cold rubbish weather is never too far away - it kept me nice and cosy in the bitter cold wind when I wore it yesterday! I also think that leopard print is a timeless print that comes in and out of fashion all the time and will last me for years. As my FMP is making a capsule wardrobe and using accessories to create many different outfits as well as recycling and re-using clothing in different ways, and I really like the idea of throwing this cape over the top of any outfit. I don't know if you'll be able to see it very well from these photo's I took in the process of making it, but it basically consists of a 7 piece pattern for both the lining and outer fabric, with holes for your arms and then the collar shape.



I also had a go at following the tutorial by Heather from Effie's Makeup Box. Super easy to make, I simply cut the sleeves and neckline from a top, then, using gaps of about 1cm, I cut upwards from the bottom in straight lines, to approximately halfway up the top - may have gone slightly too far with mine and a top underneath is needed to hide my modesty!
This is how it turned out anyway! I'm tempted to cut off the hem at the bottom of the fringing at some point, and to extend the sleeves to lower where the fringing starts.
I like the look of the grey fringing on black. Can also see the pocket watch that Tom bought me for my birthday in the photograph above :) getting quite a collection of clocks now!
Hi! i would like to have new blogger friends! I always follow back and answer comments back too! i love it = )
ReplyDeletekisses from La Mode En Rose = )